Skip to main content

Table 1 Modified AIN-76A Diet Composition.

From: Omega 3 fatty acids reduce myeloid progenitor cell frequency in the bone marrow of mice and promote progenitor cell differentiation

  Diet composition
Ingredient % of weight Amount/100 g
Casein (protein) 20% 20 g
Sucrose 45% 45 g
Corn starch (carbs) 15% 15 g
Alphacel (fiber) 5% 5 g
Choline bitartrate 0.2% 0.2 g
DL-methionine 0.3% 0.3 g
Mineral mix 3.5% 3.5 g
Vitamin mix 1.0% 1 g
Fat 10% 10 g
Total 100% 100 g
Total fat   10 g
Total protein   20 g
Total carbohydrate   60 g
  1. The base diet is an AIN-76A diet modified by substitution of 5% sucrose for 5% more oils to contain a total of 10% w/w oil. The mouse food recipe contains 10% fat in each diet supplied through these oils.